> Project Jubilation: Tis the season to be sunburned....fa la la la la, la la la la

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tis the season to be sunburned....fa la la la la, la la la la

So today, a beautiful day of summer (well spent on the lake), has really made me start thinking about getting my dream of creating these crafts started! Unfortunately, being a poor college student doesn't allow for an expensive hobby, so I will have to make a HUGE list of what I need and what I can afford to get started! I have started a folder on my computer of my original photography labeled "prints to sell". This makes me so excited! I finally have some things started that I actually think I will use in the future, and those are the easiest to put aside and keep in mind :)

I've been online a lot today, looking at some craft sites and so on regarding what steps to take before I begin my true endeavor of selling at a craft show (most likely one in my hometown next summer and see how that goes).

The new list:

1. make up my mind and actually start creating inventory
2. figure out if I need a business license (which I believe I do, and will have to apply for that at the courthouse)
3. organize a place to store my items when I create them, and create and ORGANIZED system.
4. buy/find a tent and some tables/display items.
5. just keep making stuff!!


Meanwhile, within those 5 steps, I will be brushing up on some bookkeeping techniques and keeping track of all that I make/spend/sell so i can actually put decent prices on everything and know how much profit I will make.

I think I'm going to start today - mostly by organizing my art supplies and materials and figuring out what I have to work with! Wish me luck. I think I'll start right.... NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment