My last post gave some tips to use when taking some DIY Engagement Photos. It got me thinking about how many photos we re-created throughout our wedding! I wanted to make some great "pinnable" images for you to see and share this idea! Think about the memories that you hope will be important to you, and ask your parents about their favorite memories from their wedding. My mom went through her old photo albums with me and picked some of her favorite photographs for me to recreate on my wedding day, then I asked my mother-in-law to do the same (which was SO fun to do with her because I hadn't ever seen her wedding photo proofs before, just the ones hanging in the house!)
We are very lucky to have parents with long lasting and loving marriages. It was important to us to keep this tradition alive by taking these photographs!
My husband and I were also married in the same church as my parents were 30 years before. It was very special to my mom. The other church we were going to get married in was the same church that his parents had been married in! Either way we were bound to make great memories!
Here is the example of our engagement photo remake! One of my favorites! I'm hoping to use this pose/combination of poses to take for anniversary pics for years to come. Maybe even with some little ones eventually!

My mom did some amazing things for me during my wedding planning process. One was to take parts of her dress to create a custom beaded bracelet for me to wear on my wedding day. Growing up, I always loved this photograph of my late Grandmother and my Mom on her wedding day. We both really wanted to share a similar memory together! I love that we have a similar look on our faces too!
My parent's were married in 1983. The photography was done on film, and these double exposure images were very special and unique. Now, with digital photography it starts to look pretty cheesy, but how cool to see next to each other!
Dillon's parents were married in 1988, and had a similar favorite wedding photo for us to re-create. It was important to me to have a photo from them as well! My mother-in-law had another great photo for us to recreate, but we never took the shot on our wedding day. It was very disappointing that we didn't remember! The day is just SO full!
I hope this makes you think about recreating some memories that your family members have had before you! I think it would be amazing to find some really old family photos to remake, but then again, it is all about YOU on your day! Enjoy.
Have a beautiful day :)


The one of you and your mom (with her and her mom) almost made me cry! Beautiful job, Andi!
ReplyDelete