Exactly six months ago I married my best friend and soul mate. I thought that this was the perfect day to start blogging about my wedding! Yes, I said "blogging" so expect more posts and more planning details. Weddings are all the rage on Pinterest right now, and although I used a lot of ideas from there, I also used a few of my own! I loved personalizing the wedding to really show off our personalities and the union of our two families! We were married in the same church as my parents 30 years before us, which only starts the sentimental and meaningful touches that we added to our day!Much like today, July 27th was unseasonably cold! We were actually fortunate to have a wedding with overcast skies and 60 degree weather because it made for some gorgeous outdoor photos and a lot less sweating than anticipated! We were so blessed to have everything go smoothly and as planned!
Dillon and I met in elementary school, he actually hated me in the 5th grade! Yes, hated! I have to say I was an obnoxious 10 year old, so I don't blame him! We started dating our freshman year of high school and have been together ever since I asked him to be my boyfriend on Yahoo Messenger..... not the most romantic story in the world! We were voted best couple in our senior yearbook and were the captains of the volleyball/football and softball/baseball teams. We even wore the same number.... even though he claims he had it first! We weren't dating when we both chose #8. It's still our favorite number to this day. Unfortunately we just weren't ready to get married on 08/08/08, the summer we graduated high school
We were engaged for a year and a half before getting married and dated
for seven years before getting engaged. He proposed on a random
Wednesday night after my late lecture class at college. He told me
during class via text (yes, I was on my phone!) that he had a surprise
for me. It barely crossed my mind that he would propose. I had talked
myself out of every time that I ever thought about it because I never
wanted to ruin the surprise! After dating for so long I was getting
antsy for the proposal, as we were both ready for it! If you have
read my post "14 Months"
you would know that I was going through some rough health issues and
needed a boost! He definitely gave me one. (He had mentioned that all of
my health scares really showed him that he couldn't spend the rest of
his life without me in it. What a babe!)As an art teacher and avid arts and crafts girl, I was obsessed with the DIY side of my wedding. We were on a budget, but I had big dreams! Check out the pictures from my amazing photographer, Nics Pics. I hope you can see how happy we are, and maybe get some inspirations for your big day (whether it's around the corner or just a Dream Wedding Board on Pinterest)!!
This post is the first in my series of posts about this wedding planning! These posts will be based on:
- DIY Engagement Photos
- Recreating Memories
- Details, Details, Details
- Personalize your day!
- Be Sentimental
- My DIYs
- Bridal Beauty
- Bachelorette/Bridal Shower Do's and Dont's
- The Ceremony
- The Reception
- In Retrospect: What I'd do different/the same
- Married? Now what!?
"If at the end of the day you are married to your best friend, then everything went perfect!"




No comments:
Post a Comment