> Project Jubilation: Taylor O' Brien Photography

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Taylor O' Brien Photography

Due to some recent health issues, I stopped my current blog series half-way through.... I hope you still enjoy hearing about the last two friends that I will be spotlighting! I know I'm pretty excited to show off their talents :) Here is Taylor O'Brien's story..... Enjoy!!

Taylor Obrien is one of the most talented photographers that I am lucky enough to know! He isn't only talented behind the lens, he is talented in everything that he does. He is a crazy-creative person who can basically excel at anything and everything artistic. Oh yeah, did I mention I met him through volleyball? That also means he's an amazing player on the court too, and a pretty great guy in general :)

I interviewed him with some basic questions, just like the previous posts. Once again, I will let his own words, and of course his amazing photos do all of the talking!!

 
"I am currently a Senior in the Graphic Design program at UW-Stout, and will finish with a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, but my true passion is Photography. I am completely self-taught up to this point, but am taking my first Fashion Photography class this semester. I am really looking forward to it."


 
"My favorite thing about being a photographer is seeing the look on a client’s face when they see the finished product. They put their trust in me as an artist to capture their memories, but until they see the finished project, they must put their complete trust in me. I love that photography is different every day, and my job is never the same day to day."



These photos are so great - I love the colors he captures and textures he creates!



"My style is unique, contemporary, and photo-journalistic. With each and every shoot I am pushing myself to capture images that are strongly original and truly reflect the personality of my client. My shoots are laid back, casual, and instinctual. I strive to capture the moments of the “in-between.” These are the moments right before, or right after the actual moment. Just before a kiss, or just after, is when moment is true and intimate. These moments make the most natural and candid photos, and those moments in the 'in-between' are the ones I am constantly striving for."


I hope I am lucky enough to get to have Taylor shoot wedding or engagement photos for me before he moves away and becomes a famous fashion photographer!!





"I plan on moving to New York City in summer of 2013. I would love to work for a modeling agency photographing test shoots of incoming models and new faces. I would love to push more toward the fashion photography field and see if I can make something of myself in a very competitive industry.

(I'm sure he will be an amazing high fashion photographer!!) Check out these awesome pictures he did with this model he found in the mall! Yes, he's one of those photographers that finds inspiration in everything, and isn't afraid to utilize any and all of those inspirations... Check these gorgeous photos out:


 This model was extremely cool to hear about - Taylor said,

 " From the second I discovered Sam in the mall, I knew she was going to be incredibly photogenic. At 6 feet tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes, and as sweet as can be, Sam is fashion photography GOLD. It was awesome to take a girl i found in the mall, add a little make up and clothes, and find that she was incredibly natural and comfortable in front of the camera." 

Awesome!!

If Sam (above) wasn't inspirational enough, and beautiful in front of the camera, Taylor describes one of his most inspirational shoots with another gorgeous model:

"My favorite experience to date was working with a girl named Michaela Arndt. She was discovered at the age of 15 and signed to Elite Model Management in New York City and NOVA Models in New Zealand. She has modeled internationally in Japan for three months, and New Zealand for six months. When I had the chance to work with her, I knew that I wanted to push myself toward the fashion industry and work with beautiful people like her every day.  It was amazing to work with someone that knew how to move and understood just what it meant to be a model. That was by far the most inspirational shoot to date."

What a lucky guy! How amazing are these photos!? And yes, he shot the photos, and styled the shoot.




Photography:Taylor O’Brien
Hair and Styling: Taylor O’Brien
Model: Michaela Arndt

I think these photos prove that he will become and amazing fashion photographer. If not, he'll still be  an amazing creative director, art director or something in the fashion industry... wow.

If these photos aren't enough to get you excited to see more, I think your crazy! :) Check out Taylor's Facebook page and website for more! Remember to "like" his page and write on his wall telling him that Project Jubilation sent you!!

This guy is going to hit it big time!! <3  Have a beautiful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment