One of my closest friends, Cody Petts is one of the most creative people I know.
His love for music, sports, and caring personality really comes out in his work. Right now, he is a junior in the Multimedia Design major at UW Stout. He is my neighbor, and my boyfriend's best friend, so it's safe to say that he's pretty cool.
It's pretty crazy that we grew up a mere 45 minutes away from each other and it took us both to travel across the state to meet one another... And now look at us, we live in the same duplex.
In High School, he spent most of his time in the Graphic Design lab, (sometimes he stayed after until 6pm just to improve skills and play around with new things!) which gave him a ton of experience working with design programs before heading out to college. He said, "
I know it sounds kind of nerdy but it is my passion". (No Cody, that's not nerdy! That's awesome)
Anyways, Cody loves photography and graphic design and will be pursuing a full-time career that integrates both of his passions. Right now, he works under the name, Invision Design, and will most likely be working under that right out of college. He says, "
In five years I plan on becoming a Photographer / Graphic Designer, I
hope to make enough money to start my own business and to be recognized by
designers around the world. It may seem like I'm setting the bar too high for myself
but if you don't set your goals high you might as well not set any at all." (Well said)
IN HIS OWN WORDS:
On art and design: "My favorite part about design and photography is that there is an
unlimited amount of potential, there are so many great works of art that
haven't been created yet. I would like to be on the successful side of that
spectrum."
On what inspires him: "Everything. everything inspires me, light, color, form, business cards for some reason...The problem with designers today is they are too stubborn to be inspired by something or someone. When you learn this you strive to be the topic of inspiration."
On advice: "If I had to give advice for today's youth it would have to
say: Be determined, Strive to be the best, & Love what you do."
If you want to know more about Cody's work, let me know by posting a comment below! Thanks to Cody for allowing me to spotlight him. I'm sure he will have many more things to show off in the future. Keep an eye out for Invision Design...
Have a beautiful day everyone :)







No comments:
Post a Comment