Kate Mikutowski is one of my amazing teammates and dear friends. We played volleyball at UW Stout for two years together and she isn't just amazing on the court, shes pretty amazing at everything thing she does. This girl has a passion for design and it shows. She is the creator of my Jubilee by Andi logo and is so talented!!! Kate grew up right on the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin, so I am thankful she chose to utilize reciprocity to come to Stout!
I am just going to let her work and her voice do the talking!
"
Beauty in
simplicity is what inspires me. I am drawn to things like everyday objects, nature,
hand-craft, and childhood memories. I love anything that has a slight feminine
touch."
"Type is
something that I am really drawn to. I absolutely adore anything hand lettered.
I also am
inspired by handmade cards. This is what I love to do in my seldom free time."
"In five years I hope to be working at a design studio,
hopefully somewhere in the cities. Someday I would love to open a stationary
store, whether it be online or have an actual studio."
Kate is currently a junior in the Graphic Design program at Stout, and is taking some pretty amazing classes. She has taken typography classes where she creates her own fonts and some awesome GD classes that allow her to make some pretty cool logos and designs. She even used one of her classes to create a whole collection of things based on Jubilee by Andi! Can you say AWESOME!?
I know there is so much more that Kate is going to do with her life, and I cannot wait to see where she ends up. So much of her work is so delicate and done with so much care. I absolutely love when she makes a birthday or Christmas card for me, I'm almost positive it will be worth money some day :)





No comments:
Post a Comment