- Low: Got a huge bruise on my leg while on blood thinners from my pulmonary embolism last May, couldn't walk for a couple of days... (January)
- High: Went off of my medication to get testing done for genetic diseases or reasons for my blood clotting problems.... played in a club volleyball tournament with my team at school (Jan)
- Rock bottom: Developed a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) behind my knee on the leg with the bruise... couldn't walk for weeks. Also had to go back on blood thinners, this time for the rest of my life. And many doctor appointments (Jan)
- Low: Bruise turned into a giant blood blister, oozed out all of its insides and left me with some seriously nasty skin. Scabbed over, then advised to go to wound therapy to get it healed, still couldn't move around very easily (Feb)
- Low: Wound therapists took off my scab (leather eschar) and left an open wound on my leg, which meant multiple doctor appointments a week. (Feb - present)
- High: Got placed at the local high school for my art education teaching practicum (Feb)
- High: Got an interview for a summer job as an Arts and Crafts Director
- Rock bottom: Developed more superficial clots in my other leg during all of this.... but those weren't so severe. (March)
- High: Received three scholarships for next semester (March)
- High: Got ENGAGED to my high school sweetheart of seven years. (April)
- High: Got hired as the Arts and Crafts Director for a summer camp, the perfect resume booster. (April)
- High: Was awarded Art Education's Outstanding Student of the Year at UW Stout (May)
- High: Earned a great GPA after it all. (May)
- High: Started my amazing job and I LOVE IT! (June)
As of right now, I'm STILL healing, five months later, but getting much better much faster. Throughout the semester I was at the doctor an average of 3 times a week sometimes with 5 doctor appointments in 5 business days. Needless to say, I had no time for homework, let alone fun hobbies and sewing and keeping up with this blog. I was required to keep up with my school blog for my art education experiences and really grew a lot as a person and as a future teacher. I had the craziest semester of my life with the worst and the best things happening to me within a few months. I am very happy right now, and so glad that my semester ended on a very high note.
I have three jobs lined up for next semester at college (MY LAST!) and this busy summer job, so my goal of this blog is really not going to happen. I don't want to quit what I am doing but with my life right now, it's just time to put this on the back burner and put school, my resume, job opportunities and my fiance and my wedding first! I'll get to be super crafty all summer and enjoy the ride that I am on. I can't wait to see where it takes me.... but for now, this blog is dunzo. Sorry to leave anyone hanging, but you probably aren't reading anyways since I haven't posted in months. I hope I can continue my dream of doing a craft tent and selling my bags and other creations in the future. I hope I inspired a few people, but really this was for me all along... God's plan is taking me somewhere else!
Best Wishes, Andi.
No comments:
Post a Comment