> Project Jubilation: Poppers!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Poppers!

It's been over a month since my last post, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. I've been obsessed with my Pinterest account, and have started a new liking for trying fun homemade recipes. I just winged this one for Jalepeno Poppers and it turned out amazing! I HAD to create this awesome recipe card to give to my friends, including my readers on here! Feel free to copy and paste it to your computer or "save image as" and print it out onto cardstock :)


Enjoy!


For further clarification here is exactly what I did!

1. Rid peppers of seeds and stem, cut in half and rinse them. Be careful with you fingers when dealing with jalepenos, make sure to wash them before wiping your eyes!

2. Prepare cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese mixture. I didn't use anything to measure, I just put as much cheddar cheese in with the cream cheese as I wanted until I thought it looked like what I wanted!  I made 4 jalepenos, a total of 8 halves and was able to stuff them with 1/2 of a block of Philadelphia cream cheese mixed with about 2 handfuls of cheddar cheese. They were delicious and didn't melt all over either!

3. Crush up the chips... it takes more chips that you would think! I grabbed about 5 large handfuls of Lays wavy chips and crushed them by hand in a Ziplock baggie. A rolling pin would also work well, and create a finer texture than you see in the picture.

4. Soak the halves in milk, one at a time, just like you're breading fish. Then, fully cover it in flour (use as much as you need, I had to add more because I didn't have enough, but I didn't want to waste any!) I would estimate a cup and a half or more for this batch. Dip the flour covered pepper in the milk one more time to get it sticky and then roll in the crushed chips.

5. Repeat these steps for each stuffed pepper, meanwhile, prepare your pan of veggie oil. I filled a small pan up so it was about 1/4 in thick. I used a small pan because I only fried 3 at a time. You'll know when the veggie oil is hot enough when you can drop a crumb of a chip in the oil and it sizzles.

6. Place breaded peppers in the veggie oil face up (cream cheese side up, that way when you want to check how brown it is, you won't get a mess if you left it down too long!) and cook until browned. It took me about 45seconds to a minute on each side... it was really fast! Remember to cook both sides and place on a plate covered with a paper towel.

7. Eat them up! I ate 6 of the 8 that I made! I was full until way after dinner and I made these for lunch....I don't recommend over-indulging!


If you have any more questions comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment