Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce you to a blog series I will be doing from October to November in honor of cancer awareness. As you can tell, I'm a big advocate for breast cancer awareness and awareness in general. I'm a big fan of Relay for Life and absolutely love the feeling of raising money for a cure. In my lifetime I expect a cure to be found. That gives us about sixty more years!!
This blog series will be a two week process of writing awareness posts inspired by real stories. They will be posts about people with cancer, affected by cancer, and about the inspirations that the stories have given us to fight the disease. Each post will be dedicated to one story, and will hopefully give us great insight on what they went through. So far I have four posts for sure, and am working on the fifth!
I wanted to start my blog series by introducing you to an amazing book. If you have had cancer, been affected by it, or would like to understand someone's point of view with cancer, this is a great book for you!
I am currently reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffry Zaslow. I am only on page 51 out of 206 and I am so inspired! I have a feeling when I go to read the rest, I will just finish the book. It's an easy read and I get totally lost in the story. The amazing part is that it is a true story and includes real photos of Randy Pausch. Ironically, he has pancreatic cancer, something that I am creating bags for!! I am in the process of making some purple awareness bags specifically for pancreatic cancer. It is crazy how things like that work out sometimes!
Professor Randy Pausch has two young children and only three more months to live. It is a trend on some college campuses to have a "last lecture" a lecture based on what a professor would really want the students to take away from them if it was their last lecture. Ironically, Professor Pausch's last lecture will truly be his last. It will also be his chance to video record (and eventually be turned into a book) what he wants his children to take away as his legacy. The book is basically what he speaks about in his last lecture and it is truly amazing. I haven't ever read anything this inspiring... other than the Bible.
Anyways, if you have read the book, feel free to comment! I want to hear your favorite part! Also, in the back of the book there is a link to www.thelastlecture.com where you can watch the video! I am going to read the book first, it's just habit!
Have a beautiful day, and stay posted for my blog series!

No comments:
Post a Comment