Well, I am officially on spring break in three hours. I'm going home to Northern Wisconsin to relax and spend time with my family.
I have a project to do for a local business lady in my hometown who commissioned me to do some drawings for her! My first ever drawing I will sell will go to her... that's very exciting. Unfortunately with school, I was unable to do them for her in a timely fashion, so I will be making them this week and getting them to her by the end of break :) She gets a discount for sure!
Yesterday was my first Benchmark interview as an education student. I have to go through three of these interviews before I graduate, each of them proving that I am at the right point in my resume, career, education and so on. The next one will take place to make sure that I am ready to student teach, and then I will have one after student teaching. I got the best feedback from my interviewers, and they said, "I would hire you in a heartbeat!". Needless to say, I was absolutely stoked about it. I had been very nervous about it because I put it off for so long, but they ensured me that I will do well in my field, and that they are excited that I am in my program because I seem to truly enjoy and excel at it. They also said that I am at the top of my "class" of students in my same position, which is so sweet. YES... good way to get my morale up before I would have totally lost it this week! So, all of you readers out there (hopefully haha) I will someday be the quirky, smiley, totally excited art teacher to your little youngsters, or grandchildren.... and I will absolutely love it, as will they!!!
Now that I have all of my "to do's" done, I'm ready to take a long car ride back home <3 Enjoy your week! I know I will!
No comments:
Post a Comment