> Project Jubilation: Back at it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back at it.

It has been so long since my last post. This is what I have been up to:
  • Spring break ended just over a week ago. I had a great, much needed break. I was able to relax, sleep in, think of some ideas for this summer as far as my desire to create more arts and crafts, and I got to spend a lot of time with my family!
  • I made my very first sewing endeavor - a gorgeous bag - a satchel type style that I am in love with. After showing it to some of my friends, they wanted them too! I'm thinking I'm going to ask my mother to use her sewing machine in my room this summer! Thanks to my crafty Aunt Vicky who let me use her gorgeous quilting sewing machine and most of her mid afternoon helping me! Here it is before and after!
  • I started working on my commissioned drawings again for a woman in my hometown. My next job will be to go in and see her as soon as I get back home. I'm getting a little stressed about this because I have no idea what she wants and I handled it a lot differently than I would have if I would have been commissioned yesterday. (We went over what to do for commissioned work last night at my Practice of Art class!) Crazy.
  • I got a job for the summer! I will be a cook at a local golf course country club. Come in and I'll make you a burger and fries! Obviously not my ideal, but I am so excited to be making money this summer. Oh yeah, and a free golf membership that I'll use with my new golf clubs Santa brought me.
  • I'm officially in the School of Education - prior to my first Benchmark I interview, I was still a pre-art education student. I can now say that I am actually an education major, which is very exciting. I should be in the end of my junior year!
In the past few weeks I've been taking too much time off of thinking about schoolwork instead of doing it.... It's starting to get into the dates where all of my final projects are coming up... so I need to get going. All I have on my mind is my ideas and inspirations to make my work and think of how I am going to start funding my crafts!! I've had a totally different thought process from my first posts, and my ideas of actual products and arts have evolved into something a little more artistic and less crafty. I'm anxious to get started, but I know that if I just push through classes, summer will come even faster, and without a ton of stress. Wish me luck! Here's the magnets I've been playing around with!Thanks to Dad who put in money for my beautiful button and new gems in order for me to have some fun with craft making while I'm here at school :) New updates on my art ideas soon. I have so many things I want to do, I have to organize them into what will be the most fulfilling for me!

I hope you all enjoy your day, today is gorgeous outside, and I plan on taking advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment