> Project Jubilation: Welcome Back!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome Back!

Finally, back at school! It's such a great feeling to be back in the swing of things. I've been living in the same house for a year now, so moving in was such a breeze compared to the last three years. My roomates are as great as ever, and our house is even cozier.

I have officially set up my sewing studio in my tiny bedroom here, and have used it to make a gorgeous pillow for my roommate's bedroom! A super easy and great project to get into the swing of things with my new space.

So because this blog is basically encompassing my life as I am going through this journey to find myself as an artist, to grow as an educator, and to just document my journey on the way to having my own craft tent next summer, I wanted to update you on my schedule and activities at school.

I have six classes, a busy schedule, but a great one!

Art Education Pre-teaching Observation: a class where I get placed into a local school in the art department and get to experience some hands-on teaching and learning from a supervising teacher. I am very excited to see where this takes me and how my first real lesson plan goes! I get to work with a partner in my class, so I cannot wait for the opportunity

Physiology of Exercise: A class for my coaching curriculum, pretty self explanatory

Coaching Young Athletes: A very easy, awesome course that will help me in coaching and teaching!

Art Metals I: Getting my foot in the door with some metalwork! I cannot wait to post my creations!

Ceramics II: Starting to become a little passion of mine on the side, lets hope this becomes my concentration! I can't wait to get on the wheel tomorrow.

Inclusion of Students with Exceptional Needs: A special education course to get me updated on policies, procedures and general education of those with disabilities. This will be so great, and it's online, so already loving it!



I've been thinking seriously about playing club volleyball this year, but I will keep you updated on that decision. I might just crash some of their practices until I decide how my schedule works out! So much time on my hands with the way my schedule is right now, but after adding a job and some extra homework, I might be re-thinking all of this! Wish me luck. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment