- I managed to pull off amazing grades this semester, despite a few minor (okay some major) freak outs and close calls....
- I missed the deadline to the juried exhibition at Nicolet College :(
- Our intramural softball team had a successful season, nearly making it to the finals but lost...
- School's out for summer!! (too bad school's not out forever...)
- Oh yeah.... and I had a major scare at the emergency room early in May...
Three weeks before my 21st birthday I was put on blood thinners for NINE months. (2 weeks of lovenox and the rest on generic coumadin) So much for the party summer that I was hoping for. Blood thinners + alcohol = dangerous..... so that means that I will be drinking in moderation for the time being. Let's pray that it is not a genetic disorder and that it was just the excess estrogen from my birth control pills that caused my blood to be thicker than normal (thus forming blood clots in my legs that moved up to my lungs), which I will be getting tested for throughout these months. Needless to say, I am doing fine, I am still standing and I'm trying my best to have a good attitude about it all. Basically, I thought my life was over when I was diagnosed... It was my first ever wristband at a hospital since the day I was born, first E.R. visit, first X ray, first blood test, first I.V. and first CT scan.... so I was pretty numb to the whole thing.
Its been a tough month, with changing plans for my 21st birthday, not being able to really play on the softball team, being active, and just not feeling well in general. Some days I feel sorry for myself, some days I feel fine, sometimes I'm sad, angry, anxious, joyous, thankful, frustrated, and overwhelmed about it all. I'm already bored of going to the doctor, and I honestly feel for those who have frequent reasons for visiting the hospital, especially cancer patients, young children, diabetes patients, and so on. After having to stick myself with needles twice a day on lovenox, my heart goes out to every person with any type of medical something or other.
So ENOUGH of this sob story. I feel like I'm complaining about this all. The truth is that I truly am blessed. The doctor even said that most people with a clot the size of one of mine normally fall over dead.... so that was a major eye opener. After the first day of side pain, I felt like dying it hurt so bad! God must have a plan for me and needs me to stay here before joining Him. I'm planning using this eye-opening/life-flashing-before-your-eyes moment as inspiration and motivation. I want to grow in my faith, my art, and just as myself this summer. I have plenty of time to do it, thank God for that.
So from here on out, I'm sticking to my goal of having an art tent NEXT summer. My list for things in my tent has changed majorly since my first couple of posts so here it is:
- original photography prints
- paintings on canvas and panel
- original jewelry
- refurbished picture frames
- ceramic work... lots and lots of time in the lab next semester!! Can't wait.
- etched mirrors, probably in the refurbished frames.
- hopefully I can make some photo books with some poetry/funny stories to go with as well. I love those things, and know that I could do it too.
- purses, like the one I first sewed! Everyone loves them, and I can't wait to make more... that's THIS summer's to do :)
I hope this finds you happy and well. God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment