> Project Jubilation: Well, here it goes.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Well, here it goes.

So this blog is a result of one very late night, and a whole lot of thinking. My goal of this blog is to document my journey as I begin my own mini-business, a craft tent that sells all of my handmade and hand-painted creations as well as fine art. I have so many ideas and so much that I want to do. But, there is one problem: I have no idea what I am doing...

The real reason for this blog might be a bit larger than I had originally thought, but when it boils down to it, I am documenting this journey for whoever to see because it makes it more real to me. This blog will hold me accountable to my own dreams, and it puts them on paper (or in this case... on a computer screen).

I recently made some decisions in my life to take some time off from all of the stuff I was involved in here at college. I was on the volleyball team, spent time at a few other clubs and meetings, and quite frankly, my major was just not my main focus. My social life wasn't even my main focus. So, now that I have all of this time to myself, I've found a lot more joy in general. I've been less stressed, less crabby, and have much more time for passions in my life, like creating art. I actually believe that I'm being led to do this little adventure not only for me, but for my faith. This sounds cheesy to some people, but some decisions aren't just you're decisions, you don't just make them on your own.... most of the time it's God pushing you on the path He wants you to go. So... I'm being pushed, and I'm excited.

So this is my project: to begin creating and selling my own work and publicly displaying it at craft shows. I do not have a deadline, and I do not want to set one yet. Keyword: YET. I will have a deadline, and I will make the deadline, but I first need to take the time to understand all of the "to do's" before I get myself buried under a ton of work. I'm only 20 years old, soon to be 21. I've never done this before... so I'm going to do it the best way that I can... and during my first summer after turning 21, it might be hard to find time when I'm not working or spending time out with friends.

So, wish me luck. I might need it. But, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment