This summer has been just what the doctor ordered. Literally. After being diagnosed with blood clots in my lungs, I was definitely freaked out. Not to mention, I was totally bummed that I couldn't do all of the fun summer sports that I am so used to. I was a college volleyball player for the last three years, and won't be able to compete this year due to these reasons, along with personal decisions last fall. It's crazy how much your life can change in just a few months. One thing that I think is helping me keep my mind off of everything is this sewing and this entire project. I absolutely love that this came into my life right when I need it, and honestly it is such a blessing. Without this to do on the side, what would I be doing with my summer nights?? I thought I was going to go out and get pretty rowdy with my friends at home (just read a few of my first posts! haha) but because that was out of the question due to blood thinners (during my 21st birthday summer....) it's not a good choice to be getting "rowdy" a lot!!
So this post is basically saying that sometimes things might not go the way you want, or go as planned, but sometimes, in hind-sight, it's actually a blessing in disguise. I'm just glad I am here to have such a wonderful summer doing what I love!
I also went on an art tour on Sunday, visited a few Northern Wisconsin Artists and absolutely LOVED IT!! Such an inspiring experience, very educational, and motivating to do what I do the best I can. And it gave me a few ideas for my tent next summer!
I hope you are having a great day today. Look for those unexpected blessings in your life! Feel free to share yours with me by commenting below - I would love some more inspirations!
No comments:
Post a Comment